Sunday 12 February 2012

In Sickness and in Health

In Sickness and in Health




They say that like attracks like in many of life’s
pathways we wander down.My pathway to love has
given me 45 years of love with the most beautiful
girl in the world, whom I love and cherish
deeply.This poem is about both our eventful times
and tribulations on life’s highway




I've travelled this road, ages long
Born to a family I did not belong
A stupid mistake, that I was born
In a loveless world, full of hate
Black sheep, they did not relate
Twenty years in this mould
Deeds of cruelty yet untold
Married a girl I truly love
The life she had was no dream
Dominant father with bad genes
Those genes are in the family tree
Which surface and erupt, frequently
But I've witnessed cruelty at first hand
Her blighted past, I understand
Our love is stronger than a wayward gene
We cast them aside like a nightmare dream
For the vows we took when we wed
Remain with us till both are dead




Peter Wicks



No comments:

Post a Comment