Saturday 19 November 2011

Beans on Toast

Beans on Toast

As I sit here eating my beans on toast

I contemplate my world and times
The darkness of my world is all provaiding
With no light at the end of this long tunnel
A world without end, someone once said
“Rubbish” I reply, for I see just a glimmer

But not a glimmer of hope for human kind
For this creature is long past his sell by date
Nature has plans afoot to end his disastrous reign
Slow but surely Homo Sapiens will vanish from earth

The seas will rise as the icecaps melt into fresh water
Thus diluting the life blood of all of Earth’s salty seas
Life in the seven oceans will all but disappear forever

Global warming will accelerate for our seven oceans
Played an important part in recycling carbon dioxide
But that’s all bye the bye as I demolish the last bean
My plate is clean and I settle down to re-read
The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist once more
To make sense of my life and times on Earth

For Robert Noonan (Tressell)

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment